Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Granite is IN!

Well we got the granite in last week and it looks absolutely spectacular.  Honestly I was unprepared for how much I was going to love how it looked in there.  Here's a photo of the main counter area with the island in the foreground:




Now it's on to tile for the backsplash.  I'm thinking a crackle subway tile and now the biggest consideration is how high up to go with it.  I've been all around the block on this one - started thinking I wanted some detail above the range that set it off from the main tiled area, and now have evolved to wanting something more sleek and less interrupted.  My initial thought is to tile up to the bottom of the range hood, and then drop down to the side of the sink to the level of the windowsill.  Stay tuned!

Following are some photos of my claycraft tile fireplace that I'd like to use as inspiration:


And some details:

No comments:

Post a Comment